Paris: Emails are used in websites for various purposes; it might be for a simple contact form or to manage subscriptions. One main reason for such mails getting blocked is because it might have been originated from a site hosted by a third party service. So it’s advised to have your own email server or a service provider like SendGrid. This has been built to serve developers while making it easy to send mails over SMTP and HTTP within minutes.
Why to use SendGrid?
SendGrid does a lot of things to help you manage the mails on your site. It’s capable of handling colossal email campaigns while providing a detailed reporting and increasing deliverability. SendGrid covers you all the time regardless of your situation. For instance, it allows up to 400 free emails for smaller sites having less traffic.
Create a SendGrid Account
Sign up for an account and select a package (paid or free) that suits your business requirements. If you take up the free plan to test the service, you don’t have to provide any payment details. You will receive a confirmation mail after selecting the package and then you can sign in to your account. Click on ‘Manage multiple user credentials’ within the settings page where you can create site specific credentials. By doing this, the sites will have their unique access to your mails.
Setting up the account for WordPress:
- Download the SendGrid Plugin for WordPress.
- Add your account details clicking by on the SendGrid menu item in the Settings tab on the site’s Dashboard.
- Now, you will be asked to choose between sending mail via SMTP or Web API.
- Just enter the site’s account credentials and choose the desired protocol for sending mails.
- Provide the sending email address and a reply email address if you want the replies to go to some other address.
- Now you can send your mails via SendGrid on WordPress enabled websites and blogs!
Setting up the account for Drupal:
- Setting up the account for Drupal slightly varies from that of WordPress.
- Firstly, download the Drupal SMTP module.
- Once the download is completed, add your SendGrid account details by selecting ‘Modules’ from the menu option.
- Now, click on ‘Configure’ button and you’ll see the SMTP settings page.
- Enable the module by selecting ‘On’ in the Install Options box and add values for the associated fields.
- Enter a valid ‘from’ address and the name of the sender within the email options.
- Now you are all set to send emails through SendGrid.
This is all you need to do to integrate a simple and easy-to-use email delivery service into your website. You can also add some advanced features like click and open tracking by upgrading the plans on your SendGrid account.
At Fortune Softtech Paris, we have expert developers who can provide an exquisite solution by understanding your requirements thoroughly. We give you the direct access to a dedicated team that keeps updating you about the progress of the project. Kindly let us know if you need any assistance on web design and development. We will get back to you at the earliest.